Your privacy is something we take seriously. This policy covers all aspects of this site. Our policy may change as the site changes and updates are made. Please check back here for updates to our policy.
When we do collect information, it will only be used for purposes of (1) improving your experience on the site, (2) verifying the identities of registered users, (3) filtering and tagging uploaded content, (4) our internal record-keeping for things like site traffic and popular content, (5) expanding our offerings based on your feedback and activities, (6) protecting our property and our services.
You certainly don't have to register or provide any personal information in order to view our site. However, certain functions do require registration and collection of other information. In order to fully experience the site, here are some of the pieces of information we may collect:
- Your submitted information - including contributor, member or user registration information and any promotional registration programs. This information may be used in conjunction with information from third parties to help us improve the site and your experience using it.
- Cookies - small files that exist on your machine and uniquely identify your browser. This helps us store your preferences and other information to improve your experience on the site.
- Visitor logs - automatically recorded site browsing information about your activities on our site, referring sites, cookies from our site, standard browser identification information (sometimes including IP address), times and dates.
- Direct correspondence - may be retained if you contact us with specific requests or feedback as we improve the site.
Your information will never be used for purposes outside those outlined here (or in any service-specific agreements on the site) without your prior consent. If there's ever a case where information may be used outside the purposes outlined in this document or any service-specific agreements on the site, we will offer you ample opportunity to opt out of such use. At any time, you can refuse to share requested information, but for certain services or functions, this may mean we can't provide certain services to you. Likewise, disabling your browser's setting to accept cookies may impact the function of certain site services or make them unavailable.
Your information will only be shared in the following cases:
- When you consent
- When a member organization is helping us compile information for our own internal purposes
- When that information must be shared to comply with applicable regulations, laws or legal/government requests
- In order to detect fraud or other Terms of Service violations
- To prevent harm to our organization, our members, property and other cases of law
We regularly review our privacy policies, security measures and information collection procedures to maintain and improve our services. Please check back for updates to this document.
Questions and Comments
As we work to improve our services, we'd like your feedback. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns about anything you've read here by emailing emailing us.